Spitfumes

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfumes
From: Spit74@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 14:48:44 -0500
Gasoline fumes are very apparent inside my '74 Spitfire.  I don't know why,
but I doubt this is "par for the course" for this LBC.  Any ideas where to
begin checking for the source of this?  I'm thinking the engine compartment
is the source, and that the fumes are coming in with vented air.  I did
notice the other day that the hose on the bottom of the carbon canister leads
to nowhere (thanks, DPO) -- it's just hanging there, and I don't know yet to
what that hose should be connected, but is has occurred to me this could be
involved in the "fumes issue."   What say ye, SOL?