Twin Stroms?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Twin Stroms?
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 16 Dec 96 11:34:48
Golly, just when you think youıve done enough, you want to do more.  I guess
thatıs the essence of LBC syndrome.  Maybe I should try antibiotics.

Iıve been toying with the ideas of twin Stroms for Christmas.  My 74 Spitter
runs wonderfully, but Iıve heard others laud their twin carb setups, though Iım
not sure why -- is it a noticeable bonus to have two ŞmixersŞ serving four
cylinders?  Whatıs the principal effect of twin carbeurators ... better
acceleration?

Iım pretty sure I can easily get ahold of another Stromberg (one yearning for
rebuild, that is), as well as an intake manifold to match, but what are the
pitfalls of attempting such a conversion?  Iım less clear on the throttle
linkage Iım going to need, and where to get it, not to mention the nuances of
tuning two carbeurators to run in tandem.  Probably this is something one
should not attempt without mucho proper literature?

Judging from past threads on this, I suspect someone will tell me that rather
than twin Stroms, two SUıs will be altogether easier still ...

Martin S.
74 Spitfire, bane of Arlington Heights