Should ringgear come off?

To: Bschwartz@encad.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Should ringgear come off?
From: CMaster808@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 12:48:55 -0500
I don't see anything wrong with the ringgear and I pounded on it with a bfh
getting it back into position.  Never heard any strange sounds, kinda like
ringing it out.

Yes it's true I don't want to tear the tranny out again to soon, but I don't
feel that just replacing to replace is wise either.  What do you think
replace?  take it off turn it over??  Whats the general consensas here??   I
seem to be in the middle of a quondrie on both points don't I?????

Chet