Twin SUšs on a Spit? Just supposinš ...

To: Bschwartz@encad.com
Subject: Twin SUšs on a Spit? Just supposinš ...
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 17 Dec 96 11:17:06
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
For a moment, letšs get just a little wild -- nay,  even a little wacky.

Suppose I were to dump the single Strom 150 CD that currently feeds my š74
Spitfire 1500 power ranger.  In its place, I install twin SUšs, rebuilt at my
leisure over the winter.   Put  šem out on the workbench, turn on the bright
lights, lay out the gaskets and drink many beers.    What effect would there
be, i.e., how would the engine then behave?  Išm a little hazy on what would be
the usual impact of a dual-carb setup, (SUšs, for example) over a single Strom.
  Better acceleration out of the box?  Higher top end?  The airspeed of a
European swallow?

Martin Secrest
74 Spitfire mirth-mobile