clear windows

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: clear windows
From: libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 10:15:22 -0800
Hello Group - Call me a cheapo (I've been called worse), but I just can't
 just let go of a perfectly good soft top just because the windows are
cloudy.  I was looking over some old posts and saw that a place called
Keyston (in the western US, mostly) carries carious upholstery items,
including window plastic.  The windows look like they were sealed into
place by heat.  So, I got out my ski wax iron last night and tried to
carefully heat the seam and remove the window.  No luck. It seems that
you need four hands and just the right amount of heat.  I'm afraid to
completely ruin a useable top.  Has anyone replace windows themselves?
The upholstery shops want to charge as much to replace windows as anew
top would cost.

Carl Huppert libertyc@erols.com
75 TR6