Re: Twin SUšs on a Spit? Just supposinš ...

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: Twin SUšs on a Spit? Just supposinš ...
From: Scott McGibney <aa372@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 11:53:39 -0600 (CST)
Cc: Bschwartz@encad.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
This subject has been covered in various aspects before - a look through
the archives might be enlightening. That being said:

What you are attempting  when you try to hot up a motor is increase its
ability to pump air through it. There are many potential limiting
factors: intake tract size and geometry, exhaust tract size ond geometry,
cam timing and lift, ...  Broadly speaking, unless you know that the
carbs and intake manifold are the limiting factors to your motors
performance, changing them without doing any other modifications will not
produce any startling increase. Usually it is a better idea to match
modifications so that the system is balanced. What exact modifications
are required for your motor is the territory of the experts on this list
and in print ... which excludes me and allows me to bow out at this point.

Scott

PS: on the other hand, if all you want is a slightly sharper looking
engine bay, a pair of polished up SUs look great.