spitfires and dellortos

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: spitfires and dellortos
From: "Charles W. Gall" <cwgall@aloha.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 22:26:38 -1000 (HST)
I have a GT6+ with tripple 40 mm webber carbs w/30mm chokes.  The head has
been reworked per the comp manual (ported polished/combustion chambers re
worked and valves unshrouded) and it has about 11.0 to 1 compression and a
278 degree Isky cam. (I run 104 octane boost in every tank)

   The webbers are still too much carb for the car except at high revs and
WOT, the power is great above 4500 rpm and it will pull strong to 7000+,
which is over 70 mph in second with the 327 rear end.  I think that that the
twin 45s on the 1300 spit will be way too much carb for the car except for
maybe full race with a 300 degree cam and 12 to 1 comp. I suggest that you
try to trade for some forties and run the smallest chokes you can get.  I
intend on trading down to the 28 chokes and moving up to a 290 degree cam
and the 389 rear end to see if that combo will work out.

 Also the triumph tune manual from Moss europe/Triumph Tune has suggested
jet settings for the webbers and I think dellortos as well.  The
catalog/manual from triumph tune is like a candy store, check it out.  Let
us know how it works out -

I would love to hear about any one elses experience with the DCOE webbers

Charles W. Gall - 69 Gt6+(s)