Re: Help! Losing power

To: alinkens@pcsi.cirrus.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help! Losing power
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 15:14:49 -0500
Check for fuel filter problems- I had one inside the tank which was a screen
tube, and it would collapse as the pump tried to suck gas through it.  If I
waited 10 minutes, it would slowly let the gas through, and then I would be
OK for another 10 minutes.  The mechanic told me that any rubber hoses before
the pump would do the same thing.  It's hard to check, bucause a little fuel
always gets through. but you could disconnect the fuel line and crank the
engine- let the fuel flow into a glass jar.  Do this after it has sat for
awhile, and immediately after you experience the problem.  If there is a
difference, you will know it is a fuel problem.  If not, suspect electrical
causes, such as the coil.  Be sure to post the answer on the list when you
figure it out.
Paul