Isky Cam

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Isky Cam
From: "Charles W. Gall" <cwgall@aloha.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 21:46:40 -1000 (HST)
The Isky cam I have was bought in 1982.  they had only one grind for the six
cyl triumphs called road race.  When I ordered it I had them put on a little
additional lift up to .410 from their normal grind of .400.  I kept the Isky
road race duration, the timing is 69 29 29 69 (278@.020 lifter rise, 238
@.050 lifter rise).  this was a great cam when I had the stock strombergs on
the car.  It pulled from low down and made good power to about 6500. It
idled about 1000 and with the monza exhaust it sounded like very large
motorcycle with a kirker header.   The cam has gone flat now and I am
anxious to try the triumph tune grind which is by Kent Cams.  By the way the
weather has turned cold here it gone down to 58 degrees the other night, but
it is still about 80 during the day.  Actually the 58 is cold since the
inside and outside temps are the same and we have no heaters