Re: Spitfire Brake Master Cylinder

To: Isaac Crow <Isaac@avana.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Brake Master Cylinder
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 12:34:41 +0500 (EST)
Cc: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
On Thu, 19 Dec 1996, Isaac Crow wrote:

> Just rebuilt my brake master cylinder (large cap, plastic, tandem type)
> today and upon pricing kits fro rebuild I found them to be in the $35-45
> dollar range plus shipping for original Girling parts.  I found a kit at
> my neghborhood NAPA parts store, part #907, for around $18....

Interesting. Can you determine the manufacturer of the kit? Have you
actually tested the cylinder yet? There is "cheap" (in both senses of
the word) stuff out there for rebuilds, and some of it is real trash.

I'm not flaming NAPA here; I've found almost everything of theirs to be
top quality, and I'll be curious to hear how well this rebuild kit works!
Please keep us posted.

--Andy