Road Trip

To: naffy@netins.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Road Trip
From: JHarroun@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 14:34:23 -0500
Gary,

You asked about the optimum daily mileage to plan for on an LBC road trip.  I
am sure it depends in part on how far you intend to travel, but for a long
trip, I would suggest you plan on 300 to 400 miles per day.  Several years
ago I took a 3000 mile trip in a Jeep Cherokee, from the San Francisco area
to Atlanta and back.  I averaged over 500 miles per day, but only because the
first and last days were 800 mile days.  I think the trip would have been a
lot more enjoyable at about 350 miles per day.  That was when the speed limit
was still 55, so maybe you could up it to 400 miles now.  If you aren't
already a member, may I suggest joining AAA, at least for the trip.  The have
a great map service, and towing would be one less thing to worry about.  Have
fun, and happy holidays!

Jim Harroun
AOL Subscriber
TR-3B Owner