Re: Polishing Aluminum (was Dremel tool)

To: stuartb@voicenet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Polishing Aluminum (was Dremel tool)
From: KVacek@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 19:19:50 -0500

<< All you guys out there with metal working experience, any tips on what
 attachments I should use to polish up my valve covers and intake manifold?.
 They are heavily oxidised aluminum castings. >>

A bench- or pedestal-mounted buffer with a cloth wheel and Tripoli buffing
compound will work far faster and easier than a Dremel tool.  Tripoli is a
type, not a trade name, and it's the brown stuff - don't use red jeweler's
rouge on aluminum.

Good luck
-Karl