Re: TR7 Tweeks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR7 Tweeks
From: Randy Clark Mike Pontau <grantura@agate.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 20:02:12 -0500 (EST)
>Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 19:34:17
>To: jimt622@magicnet.net
>From: Randy Clark  Mike Pontau <grantura@agate.net>
>Subject: Re: TR7 Tweeks
>Cc: tr e-mail
>

>>hi again randy what did your brakes cost? what are anti dive blocks and
>>what was the # for the bushing kit?  do you have spare tr-8 disks?
>

>>Jim, The brakes are from Rimmer Brothers, and they run about $400 with
shipping and all that.(210 pounds plus $25-$50 to ship - the exchange rate
is around 1.6 + or -)  You need to use a Credit Card, and if you get a
Customer Number from them, you can order over the e-mail
<sales@rimmer.netkonect.co.uk> .

>I really don't know which bushing set I got, just is call Uprated!.
>
>The anti-dive blocks are aluminum blocks that go between the subframe and
the front sway bar - they also come from Rimmer, and are supposed to help
stop the front end from nose-diving when you hit the brakes hard. I'm not
sure that they do much, but every little improvement aimed towards solving
the cars "front heavy" tendencys can't hurt.

>I don't have any extra Disks.. the Up Rated Brake kit comes with Disks and
Pads , and are much heavier than a TR8's - I could have got Vented Disks,
and they even have a bigger yet set, that are too big for the standard 13
inch TR7-8 wheels.

>Thanks again for getting back to me on TR7 Tweeks. Have heard back from 3
or 4 folks on how to make improvements. I would say that most feel that a
engine transplant is the way to go. Unfortunately , I'm too stubborn for
that just yet. One way or another I'm going to make that little engine hum
around a track as fast as any other 4 banger. I hope!