TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 06:37:27 -0600
Sorry, folks, but I'm gonna send this one more time. Had problems early
this A.M. sending, so you may see this once, or a few more times...

Need quick comments. Have a chance to by 72 TR6 #CC75322L for $3000. I
want for a driver now, and future restor. project. Being a Spitfire
"expert" up until now, have done quick homework to know the bad areas to
look for.

Frame looks very good, even at rear susp. mounting points. Sills are
solid, as are floors, which have only surface rust. Some rust starting
to show above tail lights, and around headlights. Top needs replaced.
Seats are good, but new covers needed. Engine smokes lightly at
start-up, and mainly during decel when driving. Haven't checked crank
end float yet, but will do so. Has Michelin redlines with some tread
life remaining. 54K on odometer. All gears sound/feel good, but shifter
is very stiff when shifting. Car is complete, all instruments, switches,
etc.

Ok TR6 experts, does it sound good for $3K?? (We started talking at
$3900, and are now at $3400. A dealer has the car, having taken it in on
a trade about 3 months ago.) I'm no longer thinking rationally, since
I've now driven it. Seriously, I've not been in market for a 6 until
recently, so would like to know if, based on what I've described, the
price sounds reasonable.

Any comments before Tuesday morning appreciated.

Martin Libhart
1970 Spitfire Mk. 3