Frozen calipers...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Frozen calipers...
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 03:39:34 +0100
Dear fellow scion,

My brother-in-law-to-be's Spit has a problem - namely the calipers. They
have been sitting on his work-bench for three years - and are frozen up
solid. I have tried getting the pistons out with air-pressure (and a
considerably higher pressure than the 'gentle' pressure prescribed in the
Haynes manual) - but no luck. The pistons on my TR6 have a small collar on
them so I got those out by 'gentle' use of a hammer and a screwdriver, but
no such collar on these. So...what is the wisdom on the list on this
matter? Can I soak them in something? And what should that something be?

Thanks a bunch - and best wishes for y'all for the New Year,

Michael