RE: Frozen calipers...

To: "'ngaard@ibm.net'" <ngaard@ibm.net>, "'andertonm@juno.com'" <andertonm@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Frozen calipers...
From: Eric Straub <ericst@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 12:29:17 -0800
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Encoding: 58 TEXT
I had a similar problem (except mine had sat for 5 years).  Here's how I
got them out (thanks to Mark Pelam @ vtr for this tip):

1)      Set a 2x4 on the ground.
2)      Hold the caliper in your hand so the piston you want out will extract
down when it comes.
3)      Smack the side of the caliper opposite the piston hard against the 2x4.
It will take several hits, but it should slowly edge out. Mine were frozen
solid & the came out with about 10 hits.

Good luck!