Spit Steering Wheels

To: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Subject: Spit Steering Wheels
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 30 Dec 1996 15:00:05 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 12F1432C84975058-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <12F1432C84975058*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Greetings all and happy new year.

For several months now I have been searching vainly for a classic 60s era
wood rimmed chrome spoked steering wheel to replace the black plastic one in
my Mk I Spit.  The only one I have seen is in the VB catalog but it is
mahogany rimmed, highly polished wood and looks to be too fat in the rim
width and too small in the circumference.  I am looking for that classic
thin rim with finger grips, light walnut or oak colored wheel as a
replacement (in fact our 356C has exactly what I am looking for but alas
there is no adaptor for a Porsche to Spitfire conversion).  I'll also need
an appropriate adapter to go with it (I expect that will be like finding the
needle in the haystack).  So, any leads or thoughts as to where such a gem
might be found (new or used)??????  Thanks all.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe (next project)