Re: Spit Steering Wheels

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Subject: Re: Spit Steering Wheels
From: David Crabtree <David@trseven.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 11:21:05 +0000
Cc: Triumph Group <triumphs@autox.team.net>
In message <12F1432C84975058*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vin
centi/g=Ross/@MHS>, "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
writes
>Greetings all and happy new year.
>
>For several months now I have been searching vainly for a classic 60s era
>wood rimmed chrome spoked steering wheel to replace the black plastic one in
>my Mk I Spit.  The only one I have seen is in the VB catalog but it is
>mahogany rimmed, highly polished wood and looks to be too fat in the rim
>width and too small in the circumference.  I am looking for that classic
>thin rim with finger grips, light walnut or oak colored wheel as a
>replacement (in fact our 356C has exactly what I am looking for but alas
>there is no adaptor for a Porsche to Spitfire conversion).  I'll also need
>an appropriate adapter to go with it (I expect that will be like finding the
>needle in the haystack).  So, any leads or thoughts as to where such a gem
>might be found (new or used)??????  Thanks all.
>
>Ross D. Vincenti
>64 Spitfire 4
>64 Porsche 356C Coupe (next project)

Hi Moss the Triumph People do Mota-lita Wheels and Bosses for the complete
range
with both wood and leather rims. Thet are a big outfit so I presume they can
handle export. Their tunning guide for the range makes good reading to a it
only
cost thw same as the catalog (£2.50) Hope this helps
Moss Europe Ltd
22-28 Manner Road
Richmond
Surrey