Small TR modified gears anyone?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Small TR modified gears anyone?
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 10:32:42 -0600
HELP!!!!

I think I have unlocked one of the secrets of the universe aka how to
find affordable parts for an early GT6 transmission.  It involves a lot
of TR7 parts and a bit of machining (I think)  but to test my theory I
need some parts...

Do any of you "out there" have a "modified" laygear TR7,  reverse gear
Tr7 or spit, and 1/2 hub TR7 or spit?  They are listed in Victoria
British as:

laygear  2-862,  rev gear 2-2820,  1/2 hub 2-861.

I would offer to buy any in VG or excellent condition,  or a complete
box if you don't want to disassemble.

If my theories are right,  ALL GT6 owners can benefit from stronger
gears and synchros, and reduce rebuild costs to boot.

Anyone with an interest can email me directly at dterrick@pangea.ca or
via the list with comments, ideas, or parts.

Thanks in advance

Dave Terrick
"now I can really call myself a Gearhead!"