Tranny help (2nd request)

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tranny help (2nd request)
From: Carol Zingone <jrhoffman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 08:42:40 -0500
Greetings,

Sorry to repost, but I had no responses, which is unusual for this
list !  I've got a grinding/chewing noise coming from my tranny. I tried
to check the gearshift retainer cup, but can't quite seem to get to it.

I very clearly hear an occasional chewing noise, which gets worse as I
move the gear shift.  As a test,I moved through all the gears, with
clutch and without clutch.  It was not going fully into either 2nd or
4th.

Does it sound like I have a new tranny in my near future ?  Any other
possibilities?
Any help greatly appreciated...I've missed a great winter for topdown
driving...

Carol Zingone
74 TR6 (waiting again)