Re: TR6 Hardtop installation

To: monica <monica@snovalley.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Hardtop installation
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 09:09:40 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
monica wrote:

>  I just bought a TR6 that came with a hard top and no installation
> instructions. I have both the Bentley and Haynes manual but niether
> has any info on installing the top.

If you're looking to find the original instructions, they were
reprinted in the national magazine of the Vintage Triumph Register,
"The Vintage Triumph" in Issue #54.  Back issues of this are still
available to VTR Members from the VTR Book service for $4.00.

I also believe that TRF also carries the instructions as RFP290,
$2.25.

>  Do I remove the soft top or can it be put on over it (taken down)?

The soft top can be left on, but really requires a special hoodstick
cover to make it look right.

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org
'74 TR6 for which I wish I had a hardtop...

--
Kenneth B. Streeter         | EMAIL: streeter@sanders.com
Sanders, PTP2-A001          |