Re: TR4 horn trouble

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil
Subject: Re: TR4 horn trouble
From: cyf@bighorn.dr.lucent.com (Charles Y. Farwell)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 08:34:28 -0700 "Re: TR4 horn trouble" (Feb 11, 7:28am)
On Feb 11,  7:28am, Bruce T. Clough wrote:
> the steering wheel.  But wait, there's more!  The ground connection is
> completed by two straps that go around the rubber universal joints in the
> steering shaft.  Now Tim, if you loose any of those connections, you don't
> have horns.  I'd check the circuit in this maneer (after verifying 1 & 2):

        Isn't there also another connection that needs to be made between
        the lowest portion of the shaft (below the second flex joint) and
        the steering rack? It is the rack that actually provides the
        ultimate ground contact.

        I found my horns wouldn't work until I rigged a bogus flexible
        connection between the shaft bottom and the rack. I never did figure
        out why I had lost continuity to the rack ground.

Charlie Farwell             1962 TR4 #CT3852L
cfarwell@lucent.com