Re: SMOG II, Sen. Kopp, SB42 - present status

To: "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>
Subject: Re: SMOG II, Sen. Kopp, SB42 - present status
From: Ken Boetzer <boetzer@cruzio.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 21:26:46 -0700 (MST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 09:35 AM 2/11/97 PST, you wrote:
>Some of you will remember the recent attempts by
>California Senator Quentin Kopp to modify the recent SMOG II legislation
>so that cars 25 years and older will be exempt from smog testing.
Snip
>What is dissapointing is that as of (Jan 15, 1997) only 4 clubs and 86
>letters of support have been sent to Kopp (and no opposing
>groups/letters).  You can verify this yourself by surfing to Kopp's page:
Snip
>Please write to Kopp and your local Senator supporting his work.
>
>       Shane Ingate on a TR6 hood in San Diego
Good evening Ladies and germs,

Shane is RIGHT ON here. I am proud to include myself in the 86 that took
the time to write to the good senator. I got a nice little canned reply
and the satisfaction of participating in the democratic process. Flawed as
our system may seem at times we are all free to share our opinion with
those we have elected to help us through our daily lives. ICK SCHMALTZ!!
:-)
The point does stand. Write and be counted. No bitching allowed without
putting in your $.02!!

Ken Boetzer

P.S. To Ross I'm getting the door stuff out this weekend. I promise!