painting wheels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: painting wheels
From: Ed Burger <eburger@sagelink.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 23:34:36 -0500 (EST)
hello all, I'm seeking advice about painting the wheels on my spitfire.
They're not the spoked johnsons, but the standard type with the moon
caps.  Anyway, they had a bad paint job and were rusty, so i cleaned them
up.  Now, what should I paint them with?  What kind of primer should I
use?  I'm going quite low-buck, so is it OK to use anti-rust primer (like
the kind you'd get at a sherwin willaims) and normal spray paint for the
top coat?  Do I need to use a special paint?  If I dont, what will the
difference be?

Ed