Re: painting wheels

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: painting wheels
From: kentop@ix.netcom.com (Ken Bertschy)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 07:17:03 -0700
The successfulness of painting wheels will depend upon where you live and
drive. One heavy winter of snow and salt on the roads will most probably
wreck anything you put on them. Down here in Arizona, lots of cars have
painted wheels. I think that it's a very old fashioned look that really
dates a car. If you have an oddball paint scheme like hot pink, hot pink
rims make the car look over-decorated. So, if you paint them, use silver or
chrome paint. I doubt if primer will help, and keep a can in the boot for
touch-ups.