Re: tool for adjusting TR6 drum brakes ?

To: queueman@bigdog.ads-oh.atg.titan.com
Subject: Re: tool for adjusting TR6 drum brakes ?
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 23:00:06 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 14 Feb 1997 12:47:15 -0500 John Wiseman
<queueman@bigdog.ads-oh.atg.titan.com> writes:
>Howdy
>
>I am looking for the 'correct' tool to use with the read brake
>adjusters
>on my TR6.  Have been
>using vise grips ( on No ) but don't want to ruin them.  Is there a
>tool
>I can get at a regular parts store (NAPA etc) for this adjustment ?
>
>Any help would be appreciated
>
>John Wiseman
>76 TR6
John,
I bought a tool made for the job from Moss a couple of years ago and it
works great. Doesn't round off the corners of the adjusting screw, and is
long, thin and offset enough to get good leverage and a pretty long
turning arc. A good investment, IMHO.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
'75 TR6  CF38690UO