Re: TR6/TR5 PI's

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6/TR5 PI's
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 23:00:06 EST
On Thu, 13 Feb 1997 22:34:46 -0500 Jamie Barnhardt
<innovative@ccsinc.com> writes:
>David Stauffacher wrote:
>>
>> I noticed some traffic on this list over the past few days
>concerning PI systems
>> on TR6 and TR5's.  I currently am doing a frame-off restoration of a
>home market
>> 1970 PI TR6 and am very interested in networking with other TR
>owners having PI.
>> I just had my entire PI system overhauled in the UK by someone I can
>personally
>> and professionally recommend.
>>
>> I know of people in Arizona, Pennsylvania and New Jersey who are
>running PI
>> TR's.  If there are more of you out there and would like to share
>your horror
>> stories about your cars,  please contact.  I will be very happy to
>share all my
>> experiences.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> 1907 TR6 CP51649
>Dave
>Restored a 76 TR 6 RHD PI and exported to Japan two weeks ago.  Ring
>me
>up if I can be of help.
>Jamie Barnhardt
>Innovative
>8047582753
Now this is all very interesting stuff... a 1907 TR-6 and a 1976 TR-6PI!!
  OK, I guess the 1907 is a typo, meaning 1970, but William Kimberley, in
"TRIUMPH TR6", indicates that the last PI car (CR6701) was built on Feb.
7, 1975. What's the VIN of your restored car? Did it have full amber
front parking/directional lamps that hung beneath the bumper?. Did the
brake warning lamp light when the parking brake was applied?
I thought the last PI cars, even though they were "built" in '75, were
'74 spec. models. Shed some light here; inquiring minds want to know!
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
'75 TR6  CF38690UO
'75 TR6  CF37325U