wiper parking on TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: wiper parking on TR6
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 13:37:55 -0700
For reasons known only the PO, the wipers of my left-hand drive TR6 park on
the right instead of the left.  This was obviously his intention because
the left arm that should have a bend is straight to avoid it stopping at a
funny angle.  Anyway, I want to "correct" this and have the wipers park on
the left.  After checking the Bentley and Haynes manuals, it seems to me
that all I have to do is remove the connecting rod to the wheelbox
assembly, turn the final gear position by 180 deg., refit the connecting
rod, and get a new left-side wiper arm with a bend.  Anyone know if I'm
missing anything here?
Thanks,
Rod.   '70 TR6  CC55899L