TR-4 K&N's

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-4 K&N's
From: daverne@dlcwest.com (Doug Daverne)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 22:03:31 -0600
Hi Everyone,

I have recently aquired a set of correct SU's for my 1961 TR-4 (thanks to a
list member, I might add).  Now the next item is air filters.  I am starting
from scratch as I currently have none and the question is, is it worth the
extra to go for K&N's?  Do they really make a difference?  This car is in
the process of getting a header and very likely other performance
improvements in the future.  What is the final word on K&N's; gimick or real
improvements?

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Doug Daverne

1961 TR-4 (undergoing various surgeries this winter)