TR3B Engine Numbers

To: thefryes@iconn.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com
Subject: TR3B Engine Numbers
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 07:18:45 -0500
Uh Steve and other TR3B owners,

Don't take the TRA Judging Guidelines per gospel for TR3B engine numbers.  It
is true that usually the TR2/3/3A engines were a few hundred ahead of the
commision number, but the TR3Bs, not being built at the same factory, could
have had the engines mixed around much easier, especially if the TR3B had some
sort of problem such that they pulled it off the line to fix later.   I'd
assume that the engines were delivered to that radiator factory by lorry, and
in the process of loading/unloading the engines got all mixed up.  I'm sure
that someone tried to line them up by number, but the attempt probably wasn't
 massive, especially since one engine was as good as another for a car being
shipped to us Americans who couldn`t identify with a "modern" TR4...

If it`s within a few hundered numbers either way it should be good enough.
I`ll bring this issue up to John Gable.  You shouldn't be docked on a TR3B
just because  the engines had to be moved around.   This would not be the
first time we've changed the judging manual to account for TR3B deviations!

Ciao,

Bruce Clough
TRA Judge, former owner of TCF1769LO, and all-around great guy...