Re: Painting...

To: jstovall@earthlink.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Painting...
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 19:45:11 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-02-23 16:53:25 EST, jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
writes:

<<
 Hey all,
         Okay, Dad is thinking about painting the car on our own, I would
 just as soon have someone else do that becuase we've never tackled
 something like that before and we have no equipment. Anyone wanna comment?
         Second, I just spent about 3 hours buffing a couple little things
 under the hood, making it look real shiny. My problem is it doesn't like to
 stay buffed. You get a kinda yucky film over it every time I brush a rag
 over it. I used th eemory wheel on my Dremel to finish the buffing. I can't
 find an emory rag anywhere in town. Kinda wierd, huh?
         And lastly, how do you get a good finish on small paint jobs. Like
 if I wanted to paint my manifold (it needs it) how would I get a somooth
 finish there?
         Any other tips/tricks anyone knows of? Thanks!

Dear Jeff;
The most important thing is to drive the car.  Polish under the hood is fine
for the trailer queens, but a Triumph is about the best car you could be
driving anywhere, anytime.  If you like to 'fiddle' which I do too, if you
dirve the car there are always maintainence stuff to be done, or just
ordinary cleaning.  I hope you don't get into polishing the car so much that
you don't want to drive it.

Bob Paul
TS45738L"O" ( With an engine bay many would be emrabassed about, but an
engine so sweet and true I would drive it anywhere, anytime.)
TS7280L - (With an engine still on the engine stand !  Judson Supercharger on
the way.  87mm .40 pistons and liners, balanced and ported.  I'm gonna drive
it !)