Re: TR3 Thermostat Availability

Subject: Re: TR3 Thermostat Availability
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: 24 Feb 97 12:24:44 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
Folks,

I went to the Beaulieu autojumble in September '95 and found roughly 20
skirted thermostats that would fit our TR2 and TR4.  The temperature range
varied from 160F to 185F, and I don't think I paid more than 1.5 quid for
any of them.  They all were new, some in boxes.  I also picked up a dozen
NOS Smiths original style thermostats from Bob Kamholtz (aka "Cheeseman")
of Genoa City, Wisconsin.  Alas, I`ve given most of them away over the last
year to deparate TR owners.  They are out there, you just have to look hard.
A good way to find them is to look for old thermostat housings.  Sometimes
there's an original still inside.

Good hunting,

Bruce Clough