Spitfire wheel bolt circle -

Subject: Spitfire wheel bolt circle -
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: 24 Feb 97 15:20:19 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
>The PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) or 'Bolt Circle'
>of Triumph Herald/Vitesse/Spitfire/GT6/TR7 cars
>is not quite unique,as it is identical to some FIAT cars
>noteably the FIAT Super-Mirafiori,which had rather nice alloys/mags
>that were popular with Triumph owners here once.
Thats interesting, I knew about the Marina, but didn't know about the Fiat -
although I can't say I've ever seen one ( possibly never imported to the
states <G>?).  Did it use the same offset?
What was the car based on or look like (just curious) ?

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)