Re: Wheel bearing end play & grease seals

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Wheel bearing end play & grease seals
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 14:04:58 -0800
>>Of course, there is always the possibility that there is something weird
>>about the hubs on my car, but this is doubtful.
>
>It just occured to me, is it possible you've got a GT-6 front suspension
there?
>Don't know if the bearing seals are different, but maybe.
There is an easy way to tell.  The Spitfire uses a different mounting
configuration for the steering arm (tie rod lever) than the GT6,  The
Spitfire arm simply bolts on to the upright (vertical link) via the stub
axle mounting nut and another seperate bolt. The GT6 arm fits through a
slotted hole in the upright and has two seperate mounting bolts/nuts.  You
can see this by looking at the back of the front vertical link assy's

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)