Est. Worth of 72 TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Est. Worth of 72 TR6
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 21:58:09 -0800
I have a friend that has cancer and his wife is probably going to sell a
TR6 that is in their garage.  I told her I would try to find out roughly
what it was worth.  I might be interested in it if not she will sell it
elsehwere.

I have looked at the car and it is a 72 convertable.  All exterior parts
appear to be there good set of red lines. Interior requires total
refurbishing.  Floor pans are pretty bad.  Noted a few rust bubbles on
fender over one rear tail light.  Car has been painted once and will need
to be redone (old paint job).
all the chrome is in very good condition.  Under the hood will need total
restoration of panels (repainting).  Car runs but I don't know condition
of engine (forgot to look at mileage).  Will need new top.  Noted
significant amount of surface rust on underside but doesn't appear to be
any around door post. The panels behind the front wheels (not the inner
pannel just the removable one) have rusted out but I don't know if it
goes any further.  I don't know if it had a overdrive transmission.  I
haven't looked at the diff mounts I believe that I have heard comments
about rust there being a problem where it mounts to the body??  Someone
cut a whole in the body just above and to the side of the diff for some
reason??

I believe that the car can be restored but would need a lot of work to
make perfect.  It is a northern car.  The rust doesn't seem to have
gotten through too much yet.  The car is from up north and has been in MS
for about 6 years and was driven until about 4 years ago.

I don't believe there is anything major missing from the car.  I would
appreciate any info from you experts with a few + & - comments that I
might have overlooked.  Whether I am interested or not it will probably
be sold so I would like to find a fair price fo her.

Joe Worsley
80 TR8 DHC
Tupelo, MS