Re: 1970 GT6+ Distributor.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1970 GT6+ Distributor.
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 07:22:43 -0800
> I have a 1970 GT6+ which is also known as a MKII (6 cylinder 2.0L).  I
> need a distributor or vacume advance unit for it.  < snip >
Howard,
Had the same problem on mine, the vacuum (retard) diaphram goes sour.  No
source I know of to replace - but you can use the body off a Spitfire MK3/4
with the vernier adjustment, vacuum (advance) and replace the shaft (lobes)
with a six cylinder unit and have a usable dist. with advance!  (or find a
good one on another GT6 but good luck).  Someone on the list I believe still
had a couple of  NOS retard units for these distributors but a little pricy
for me -

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com  (San Diego)
72-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)