Re: TR3 Non-Skirted Thermostat

To: EPaul21988@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 Non-Skirted Thermostat
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 10:08:25 -0500
Bob,

One of the things I enjoyed was the Ken Gillanders/Bob Schaller arguement
on whether or not a hole in the bypass plug was required!

In the long run I don't think it matters much.  I`ve done cars both ways
and it works.

Bruce Clough

BTW: the skirt probably only blocks part of the bypass flow since it's not
a perfect fit!  I'd guess about 10-20 % of the unblocked bypass flow still
goes past the skirt, so if you live in hot climes you'd better throw out the
skirted thermostat altogether and just plug the bypass!