Re: TR3 Non-Skirted Thermostat

To: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil, EPaul21988@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 Non-Skirted Thermostat
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 10:17:36 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-02-27 10:09:33 EST, cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil
(Bruce T. Clough) writes:

<< Bob,

 One of the things I enjoyed was the Ken Gillanders/Bob Schaller arguement
 on whether or not a hole in the bypass plug was required!

 In the long run I don't think it matters much.  I`ve done cars both ways
 and it works.

 Bruce Clough

 BTW: the skirt probably only blocks part of the bypass flow since it's not
 a perfect fit!  I'd guess about 10-20 % of the unblocked bypass flow still
 goes past the skirt, so if you live in hot climes you'd better throw out the

 skirted thermostat altogether and just plug the bypass!

I have also had it suggested that, if you block the by-pass, you shouldn't do
it completely- You should drill a 1/8 hole through the plug to let a little
coolant through.  I never heard the theory behind this
Paul