TR2/3 Bonnets (Hoods)

To: "'Triumphs - submissions'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'ak627@dayton.wright.edu'" <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: TR2/3 Bonnets (Hoods)
From: Mark Gendron <markge@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 12:41:19 -0700
> Saw your tale of woe, and was reminded of a local friend who owns
> TR-2 #745.  He was test-driving the car on the streets of Dayton
> after some engine work, when his hood blew up -- and off -- and
> back onto the street, where it was run over by a city bus.

This happened to me in 1985 when I was towing my TR2 from Maine to
Pennsylvania. I didn't tie the hood down securely enough, and it blew
up, off, and over the back on the Maine Turnpike. The windshield was
removed, so no damage there. Fortunately the driver behind was far
enough back to swerve, so it wasn't run over. It has a bit of rumple on
one edge where it landed, but nothing I can't fix. I still mutter
"stupid. . .stupid. . .stupid. . ." whenever I look at it.