Re: spit fuses

To: Michael Galloway <>
Subject: Re: spit fuses
From: Odd Hedberg <>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 22:23:59 +0200
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Michael Galloway wrote:
> is this really correct?
> I replace my spit fuses with 30A slowblo's per the Hayne's
> manual spec of 35A.

The British have a peculiar habit of indicating their fuses
in quite another way compared to what the rest of us in the
civilised world do...

-- Remember, they have their fuses in the plug on their appliances
also, not in the fusebox-centre in the centre of the house wiring!!!

So a British 35A fuse will be much less than a 35A fuse in the
rest of the western world. And a 35A slow blow fuse for the rest
of us will be kind of harmful to a British Standard wiring harness...

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Steve Sutton wrote:
> > The fuses are in reality 17 amp continuous/ 35 amp surge.
> > You might get by with normal 15 amp slow-blow fuses if you
> > don't have a handy source for the correct fuses.  Don't put
> > in 35 amp slow-blow fuses though as the wiring harness melts
> > at around 25 amps continuous!

Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,
S-74236 Ísthammar       Triumph Club of Sweden
Sweden                 '70 Spitfire Mk3 FD82497LO Signal Red
             Club URL:
       Home Telephone:  Int+ 46-1731 7131
Geographical Position:  N 60deg15min  E 18deg23min