lite tr-4

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: lite tr-4
From: John Taylor <norge@shaysnet.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 1997 19:04:51 -0700
Hi folks, I have been involved with racing & driving TR's for over 30
 years and have had interest in the "lite" 4's. Here is what I know about
 these cars.I have some simple contact with Mike Cook, Triumph's PR fellow &
Mike Barret
Triumphs competition guy.As such I was aware of the cars.
 Some time during the winter of 1972 I was walking in a parking lot in New
London Ct and
saw a dark blue TR-4. I looked inside at the special seats and knew I was
looking at one
of the lite 4's. It was owned by a seamen by the name of Gerry and it was for
sale for
$900.00,you can groan now.I was in the processes of building a house and
restoring
several cars so I passed. In a month or so I realized my ------ and tried to
find Gerry.
He was in, Maryland and did not leave a very good trail.A few years went by and
Mr Cook
suggested I should look in Hartford, Ct and maybe Rochester, NY.Rochester
produced some
leads but no metal.Then Mike gave me a name Mr Gene Irish but he did not really
know
what it ment.A business friend could not get me a fone # but he did get an
address. In a
week I was at Gene's door.Yes, one dark blue aluminum TR-4. No question the
proper item.
Euro ralley stickers and etc.Gene started to restore the car and to return it
to is
"real" light blue color. In the summer of 1996 he sold the car to Revington. If
there is
positive proof of a light blue car in Rochester I would reeeeeely like to know
about it.
There was an active Triumph dealer in that town. Please remember that there
were only
four cars produced I have been able to count them all.
 1 a car in "private" hands in the UK
 2 Gene's car
 3 Revingtons car
 4 the florida car : I do not know where this car is today. The asking
 price was  some 60k if I remember.
 The above list was compiled some time in 1992 and I am sure of 2 thru 4
 the info about the UK car is taken on info from the VTR.
 Please try to keep the info flowing! Can anyone put a name with eather
 the UK car or The FL car? It would be easy to make a fake.There is rumor
 of a car in the Philly area.
 Best John
 Taylor Sales Group INC.   Voice: (413) 772-6286
 133 Barton Rd.            Fax:   (413) 774-7122
 Greenfield, Mass. 01301