Re: Spitfire engine

To: CMaster808@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire engine
From: bill nichol <bnicho19@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 02:18:05 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
CMaster808@aol.com wrote:

> In my opinion,
>
> If they are going to score, they are going to score.
>
> Yes do the marvel trick,  then instead of working so hard take it for a tow,
>
> just pop the clutch a couple of short times to free up the pistons.
>
> I did this to a 52 Windsor  that had been setting for 20 years had it started
> and
>
> running in about 2 hours once in the garage.  Didn't brak a ring or score a
> wall  !!
>
> Chet
Hey Chet
It's kind of crude and I didn't want to reccomend it to anyone. But,
thats exactly what I did with the spitfire I'm now driving. 2.5 years
and 60kmiles later still running strong. 25-30mpg less than 1 quart per
thousand.
I like the way you think
Bill
78Spit
80Wedge(under going continential conversion)