TR6 electronic ignition alternatives

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 electronic ignition alternatives
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 97 17:44:48 PDT
Fellow Scions,
        Are there any significant differences (other than $$)
between the different electronic ignition systems out there,
eg, Crane, Allison, Mallory and MSD?  I run a MSD system on
my non-LBC and am really impressed with how good it is.  I'd
like to run the MSD-6AL on the TR6, but it is quite a deal
more expensive than the competition.
        Things to consider (other than $$) is ease of
starting, HP-increase, rev-quality, ease of installation,
etc.
        Thanks in advance.
        Shane Ingate, an electrical ignition newbie in San Diego