Re: Phony Sportscar!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Phony Sportscar!
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 10:07:39 -0600
Cc: crashton@courant.infi.net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Scott E. Ashton wrote:

> there are few pleasures as sweet as giving some Miata owner an
> indignant cold shoulder when he waves when we pass . . .

Careful now -- a lot of us own our TR's because we had one when they
were new, or wish we'd had one then. That Miata owner is just a
couple of decades late to the same party we're at -- and will
probably be looking for a "classic" Miata to restore 25 years from
now -- so I'd counsel against anything as unfriendly as the
"indignant cold shoulder". Perhaps a condescending half-wave would
suffice.

> . . . or pulling up beside one and giving her just enough throttle,
> so that the Monza exhaust drowns out his pop disco.

Damn right!

Jim Hill
Madison WI