Re: Phony Sportscar!

To: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Phony Sportscar!
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 14:31:43 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> I've seen a top down M3 and it looks like an aircraft carrier! How Be-em
> managed to clinicly style something to such a level of monotony is
> unbeleivable! And as for the Z3, those and miatas/mx5s are just large
> scale ready built replicas, all the ingredients are there but it doesn't
> quite work right.

Doh!  Ment to say Z3, not M3.  Z3's lines just don't work for me.  All bulbus
and silly
looking and bulgy and louvered up front, with a scrawny arse end.  Might look
interesting
with the top down, but I've never seen it that way to know.  At least the Miata
has balanced
lines.  I rather like the Miata.  If someone put a gun to my head today and
told me I'd have
to buy a new 1997 car, I'd probably buy a Miata.

> I don't bother to wave to anyone other than other LBC
> drivers as no one else understands cameraderie!

You must be on the wrong side of the pond (g).  When it comes to driving a rag
top, I'll
grin and wave at anyone, and generally get a grin and big wave back.  It's a
lot like
motorcycles to me, where everybody waves and to hell with putting on airs.  I
don't care if
you're in a Triumph, a Miata or a Jeep.

As for the Turbo Spitfire, patience!  Shesh, I only got the turbo unit a few
days ago. :-)
But yea, I suspect some things will be happening this year along those lines.
Although I
would like to spend some time just driving the wee beastie.  Probably late fall
is when I'll
get serious about installing it.  Pick up a Webber carb, do some minor pipe
fabrication, and
go like stink until I break it.