Re: Trunions Don't Fit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Trunions Don't Fit
From: Eric Kieboom <ekieboom@xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 11:11:42 -0100
At 23:13 17-05-97 -0700, "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net> wrote:

>My  recent parts order from Moss included the necessary rear trunion
>parts for the 65 Spit.  Quinton Hazell brand (QH).  Problem: they
>plastic pieces do not fit in the hub hole.  They can be forced, but then
>the sleeve does not fit in the plastic without force.  It is supposed to
>easily rotate in the hole.

I'm sorry to disagree. The bush is pressed into the trunnion and the sleeve
is pressed into the bush (with moderate force). Only the bolt should easily
rotate in the hole, which I'm sure it will do.

(BTW: be sure to fit the raised lip washers on the bushes *before* you press
them in - been there, done that....)

HTH

Eric Kieboom, '77 Spit 1500
The Netherlands