Re: TR6 Progress

To: mdporter@rt66.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Progress
From: "Scott W. Paisley" <scotty@csn.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 08:34:24 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> What cam did you install, and what were its specs? This doesn't sound
> like a radically wider cam than stock.

Stock cam is

18 58 58 18 .240 lift at the cam

My cam is:

22 63 63 22 .280 lift at the cam.

So yea, it's very close to stock, except more lift.

> The variability you describe could be due to a couple of other
> sources--rocker bushing and/or shaft wear, or an irregular fit of
> valve and seat.

I lapped all the valves with new valves, old seats.  And boy did I lap
them.
They should be quite tight.  As for rocker wear, that could be a factor.
I will check the lift at the cam and see if I get consistant readings.
That
will tell me if the cam is ok or not.  I'll do some more checking this
afternoon.

As for the oil pressure, I'm not going to worry about that for the
moment.
I have enough to ensure that all parts are lubricated, and once I get
the
other stuff ironed out, I'll move to the pressure problems.  For what
I've
read, it appears that I should have left my thrust washers alone, and I
killed my pressure by putting it back to stock.  The good news is that I
can
measure this again, and easily put in a .005 washer.

Thanks for all the advice so far, I'll be sure to let the list know what
it takes to get my TR into a smooth running machine.

Cheers,

-Scotty
 '75 TR6