Re: TR6 reverse & Choke control

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 reverse & Choke control
From: "Damian Penney" <dpenney@ftpoint.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:34:00 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I had hell tring to get my 73 TR6 into reverse when I first bought it a
month or so ago, so after somebody mentioned the whole lift it thing I
tried this methid and it helped a little but it still required the strength
of ten men to get it into reverse so I ripped the whole thing apart to
spray in some trusty WD40. When you look at it you can see a little notch
that the gear lever must get over/past to engage reverse. There is a spring
which pushes the gear stick down, now maybe in some cars this notch is more
of a ramp and the gear lever just requires a firm push and the spring will
compress allowing reverse to be engaged but in my car you definitely need
to pull up a little to compress the spring enough to get past the notch.

Damian Penney
73 - TR6