Re: Ken Richardson

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ken Richardson
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 07:42:06 -0400
Folks,

I've got several fond memories of Ken at VTR Conventions:

The first was at Albany in 1989, when he was giving a speech to the banquet
crowd.  Myself and several other Miami Valley Triumph members at the banquet
had been restless through the procedings and had taken the table decorations,
Union Jacks and helium filled balloons, and made a mobile display - a floating
flag.  We set this free just before Ken's speech, and wouldn't 'ya know, it
floated above Ken's head and stayed there for his speech!  Uncanny.

The second thing I remeber was at the 1991 Convention in Cincinnati. My wife
and several other female MVT members got Ken out on the dance floor at the
banquet.  His son commented that this was the first time in a while that Ken
had danced, and he managed to wear out some of the younger ladies on the dance
floor that night.  We have the pictures for evidence.

One last item: at Savannah in 1992 I greeted the Richardsons as they came to
the registration desk at the hotel.  I heard the receptionist ask Ken if he
needed a wake up call, and Ken asked her to "knock him up" at 6.  The
receptionists eyes bugged out and I doubled over in laughter, explaining to
her the difference between "Engiish" and "American".  "Ohhh, you want a wake
up call at six", she exclaimed.  We never found out what Ken would have got
if we hadn't interjected!

I for one will miss Ken, but I will try and keep the faith by driving one of
our TRs every day and never making one into a trailer queen!

Bruce Clough