Re Triumphs in Ireland

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re Triumphs in Ireland
From: "Peter Gillis" <pgillis@cosmedia.ie>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 12:23:33 +0100
Henry Frye wrote
Greeting all,

Got back yesterday from a week of vacationing in Ireland. The wife and I
drove 1000 miles in a tiny Opel Corsa, right hand drive naturally.
Weather cooperated as well as can be hoped for in Ireland, and we had a
blast.

Saw lots of interesting cars, and kept my eyes peeled for Triumphs. We
saw 4 Dolomites, one was verified as a Sprint, and one Toledo. No
Triumph roadsters.  :-(

We did see a couple of really nice old Rovers, and one MGBGT, but it was
broken down on the side of the road!

Last week must have been really quiet on the list, as I only had 426
messages to download! Only Carol Z. ventured a guess, and she was about
1500 over!
--
 Henry Frye

Dear Henry
If you had gone to the Deerpark Lounge in Dublin 14 on the Sunday you would
have seen
TR4 1963 (my own)
Mk II Spitfire
2500 Mk II
'61 Herald Coupe
Land Rover 90?? (He Has a 13/60 as well)
Spitfire 1500
Spitfire Mk IV
TR3A
Triumph Herald 13/60 (tristan conversion and 1500 dolomite engine)
Yamaha RD 350??? (He Has a Triumph Special as well)
This was the monthly meet of the TCOC (Triumph Classic Owners Club)

If any of the rest of you are coming to our neck of the woods be sure to
let us
Know
PS I was on holidays down on the southern tip of our glorious isle and came
across an immaculate dutch 2000Mk 1 on tour.

Cheers Pete Gillis
'63 TR4
'69 2000MkI